ABOUT TIMUR LOKSHIN
Timur Lokshin is a graduate of the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine (PCOM). At PCOM, Timur completed his Doctorate in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine (DACM) and a masters in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). During his studies he completed the Orthopedic Sports Medicine curriculum and took part in Classical acupuncture. He has spent copious amount of hours interning with renowned practitioners of Classical and Orthopedic acupuncture in New York City and California.
As a teenager he discovered his passion for natural holistic healing while studying Chinese martial arts and the basic medicinal uses of essential oils and liniments from his SiMa (Teacher). When taking part in treating his fellow martial artists, his teacher noticed his natural talent and compassion and helped guide him on his path to medicine. Timur eagerly became a BaiSI (disciple) where the study was focused on rectifying muscular ailments, learning Qi Gung (standing and moving meditation) and Reiki; the ancient method of spiritual healing by fostering the flow of one’s “Qi” (energy that fuels our body and mind).
His initial choice of schooling was in Business Administration but by the blessings of his mother and SiMa, he was convinced to follow his innate passion for facilitating healing. He established a foundation for human anatomy by completing the massage therapy program at New York College of Health Professions and then went on to PCOM. As a NY State Licensed Massage Therapist, Timur learned and is the assistant teacher of the Upledger Institutes, Somato-Emotional Release (SER) and Cranio-Sacral Therapy (CST); a gentle approach to the fluid system of the body and the tissue. CST and massage therapy is incorporated in every treatment. Through the implementation of individualized holistic and therapeutic remedies, a patient is guided to their natural healing of the body, mind, and spirit.
- Doctorate of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- Masters of Science Traditional Oriental Medicine
- Associate in Occupational Studies
- Business Administration
CREDENTIALS & LICENSING
- NY State Licensed Acupuncturist
- NY State Licensed Massage Therapist
- Nationally Certified Personal Trainer
- Diplomate of Oriental Medicine
- Certified Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture
- Certified CranioSacral Therapy
- Certified SomatoEmotional Release
- Certified Reiki
- Acupuncture Society of New York
- American Massage Therapy Association
- International Association of Healthcare Practitioners